Cobb Hall Of The University Of Chicago
| Series 65900|
One of the original buildings on the University quadrangles, Cobb Lecture Hall was the gift of Silas B. Cobb, native of Vermont who came to Ft. Dearborn, site of Chicago, in 1833. Most heavily used of the University buildings, Cobb Hall contains numerous administrative offices as well as classrooms. The "C" bench in front of the building is a favorite student meeting place.