Cathedral Of Sts. Peter And Paul, 18the Race Streets
| Series P1956|
Located at 18th and Race Streets, Philadelphia, Pa., is the Largest Catholic edifice in the city. It was begun by Rt. Rev. John Nepomucene Neumann C, SS. R. in 1852 and completed by his successor the Rt. Rev. James Frederick Wood. All the Bishops of the Church of Philadelphia with the exception of Bishop Neumann lie buried in this cathedral.