Aerial View Of Dupont's Orlon Plant
| Series C-44|
In the foreground is the large plant which makes "Orlon" fiber in staple form and the background shows the continuous filament plant, which was completed in 1950. The staple plant went into commercial operation in May 1952. Located on a tract of land five miles south of Camden on the Wateree River, the plant employs around 2,000 people, the majority of whom are native southerners with 30 per cent being Camden Residents. "Orlon" acrylic fiber is used extensively in the textile industry for suitings, curtain fabrics, dress goods and industrial filters.