Plaza De Armas
| Series S1781-1|
This is the central Plaza of the first large city south of the U. S. Mex. Border. Facing the Plaza are the cathedral. (begun in 1725 and finished in 1826) The Banco commercial Mexicano, S. A. the Hilton Hotel, the Hotel Del Real and many fine Gift shops and cinemas. On Highway 45, "The Pan American Highway", Chihuahua is a pleasant day's drive (240 miles) from El Paso, Texas, the "Gateway to Mexico."