The old Redstone Schoolhouse of District 2, Sterling, Mass., was built about 1798 and was the scene of Mary Sawyer's adventures with her pet lamb about the year 1815. Deserted by its mother, Mary nursed the lamb back to health. At the suggestion of her brother, Not, she later let the lamb accompany her to school. Observed by John Roulstone, he wrote the first twelve lines of ?Mary had a Little Lamb?. The building was purchased by Henry Ford in 1926 and moved to this site in Sudbury, Massachusetts.