The Lincoln Home Northeast corner of Eighth and Jackson Streets. Lincoln Mrs. Lincoln and their infant son, Robert, moved into this house in the spring of 1844. and this was their home until they left for Washington in 1861. Three sons, Edward, William and Thomas, were born in this house the only one Lincoln ever owned and Edward died here. The house was built in 1839 by Rev. Charles Dresser who married Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd in 1842. Lincoln bought this house from Dresser for $1500 in 1844 and in 1856, the full second story foundation for the fence was built in 1850. The home is open to the public from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. daily.