Swan Memorial Fountain on the Parkway in Philadelphia, was started in 1913 and finished in 1920. The cost of the same was $30,000 given by Maria J. Swan in memory of Dr. William C. Swan. The Bronze statuary work was done by Alexander S. Calder; the three figures (one male and two females) are symbolic of the three rivers that flow around or through Philadelphia. The Delaware River is represented by the male Indian; the Schuylkill River, or Gentle River, south of this and the Wissahickon, Hidden Creek, to the West. All three figures lean against an open pool in which are three colossal turtles and three colossal frogs which spout inward toward the center figures.