Creighton Memorial St. Joseph's Hospital

Details:
State:
Nebraska (NE)
City:
Omaha
Publisher:
Type:
Linen
Size:
3.5" x 5.5" (9 x 14 cm)
Stock #:
309889
Description:

Established in 1870 at 12th and Mason Sts., St. Joseph's Mercy Hospital was renamed by the Sisters of St. Francis honoring Count and Mrs. John A. Creighton, their great benefactors, upon dedication of the first unit of the present structure, at Tenth & Castelar Sts., in 1892. The beautiful Romanesque chapel was erected in 1900; the north section and wing in 1908, and the fifth floor added in 1927. The institution has 450 beds and 60 bassinets. Construction of "Our Lady of Victory Unit" started September 17, 1948, provides 135 additional beds, for a model Nervous and Mental division. The School of Nursing and Nurses' Residence, erected in 1923, houses 140 students and teaching facilities. St. Joseph's is the largest of 21 hospitals operated by The Poor Sisters of St. Francis Seraph, and the eleventh ranking Catholic hospital in the United States

PRICE:
$14.95ORIGINAL
You can also:

Related Items:

Comments: